How Does It Feel?
How does it feel?
To be thrown into a whirl of emotions you can't control.
To be caught in a web that leads you nowhere but back to where you began and ended.
To be self-dependent and ignorant to the fact that you need people.
To never fully be able to comprehend the fullness of Life and God's love.
To step outside your comfort zone and not feel threatened by the world's expectations.
As random sentences float aimlessly in my mind, I begin to wonder if I'll ever be able to fully grasp what Life really is. Or who God really is. Or ever see who I really am with my human mind. Or to look at others the way God looks at them. Or to love like I've never loved before.
Sure, I know what it means to be fearful and insecure. I know what wilderness is and I know what pain, suffering and torment means.
But I battle with myself in my mind - when do you actually know enough, is really more than enough for you? I don't mean enough pain in one's life. I mean encouragement, people, love, sacrifice.
People were made for people, weren't they. That's why marriage and community were made possible in this world. Because God loved us enough. God gave us His world, so that we'd be able to love ourselves enough to live. Not just to live, but to love, to serve, to give, to dream, to hope and to last our distance. Why then do people have to battle their own wars? Why question what doesn't need to be questioned? Why can't they see that they must learn to love themselves in the way God loves them.
We may be sinful, but we weren't made to live miserably.
Let's not choose to live wallowing in self-pity thinking that we'll never be good enough for this or for that, shall we? Why selfishly and foolishly chain ourselves to expectations, standards and promises when we can freely live? For a moment, I finally asked myself one question - Why was I given a life to lead? Why, me.
If God saw me as worthy, why should I despise myself to such a sad state? God gave us family, friends and even simply acquaintances to help us through our life time. They are the ones who encourage, who love, who listen and who are willing to give sacrificially. Won't you choose to accept and cherish the love when you've the choice to do so? You're worth every bit of love, because God made you worthy of all that love.
So, here's, don't give up. And maybe this is a reminder to all of us, but I know it is to myself. This may be exactly what many can't face up to, they can't see worth in their lives. They fail to see their strengths in themselves even when others tell them that they have worth. But hey, let's look through our weaknesses and find our strengths. Because with weaknesses, we find our strengths. Embrace that and learn to live with that. We deserve to live for Christ, in the way He destined for us to live.
It's time to step out of what was, into what is. We all have a hope and a future, that's God's promise to all of us. Take heart, and stand for all that He is and all that we can't be.
Because He didn't die for nothing.
He died so that you'd find your worth, in Him.
To be thrown into a whirl of emotions you can't control.
To be caught in a web that leads you nowhere but back to where you began and ended.
To be self-dependent and ignorant to the fact that you need people.
To never fully be able to comprehend the fullness of Life and God's love.
To step outside your comfort zone and not feel threatened by the world's expectations.
As random sentences float aimlessly in my mind, I begin to wonder if I'll ever be able to fully grasp what Life really is. Or who God really is. Or ever see who I really am with my human mind. Or to look at others the way God looks at them. Or to love like I've never loved before.
Sure, I know what it means to be fearful and insecure. I know what wilderness is and I know what pain, suffering and torment means.
But I battle with myself in my mind - when do you actually know enough, is really more than enough for you? I don't mean enough pain in one's life. I mean encouragement, people, love, sacrifice.
People were made for people, weren't they. That's why marriage and community were made possible in this world. Because God loved us enough. God gave us His world, so that we'd be able to love ourselves enough to live. Not just to live, but to love, to serve, to give, to dream, to hope and to last our distance. Why then do people have to battle their own wars? Why question what doesn't need to be questioned? Why can't they see that they must learn to love themselves in the way God loves them.
We may be sinful, but we weren't made to live miserably.
Let's not choose to live wallowing in self-pity thinking that we'll never be good enough for this or for that, shall we? Why selfishly and foolishly chain ourselves to expectations, standards and promises when we can freely live? For a moment, I finally asked myself one question - Why was I given a life to lead? Why, me.
If God saw me as worthy, why should I despise myself to such a sad state? God gave us family, friends and even simply acquaintances to help us through our life time. They are the ones who encourage, who love, who listen and who are willing to give sacrificially. Won't you choose to accept and cherish the love when you've the choice to do so? You're worth every bit of love, because God made you worthy of all that love.
So, here's, don't give up. And maybe this is a reminder to all of us, but I know it is to myself. This may be exactly what many can't face up to, they can't see worth in their lives. They fail to see their strengths in themselves even when others tell them that they have worth. But hey, let's look through our weaknesses and find our strengths. Because with weaknesses, we find our strengths. Embrace that and learn to live with that. We deserve to live for Christ, in the way He destined for us to live.
It's time to step out of what was, into what is. We all have a hope and a future, that's God's promise to all of us. Take heart, and stand for all that He is and all that we can't be.
Because He didn't die for nothing.
He died so that you'd find your worth, in Him.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home